Structure Size: 14.1 x 32.6 x 6.705 – 5.260 Monopitch
Date: November 2021
Sheeting Spec: 0.47 IBR Zincal in Thunderstorm Grey
Roof Pitch: 15 Degrees Monopitch
Steel Finish Spec: 1 coat grey etch primer
Structure Use: Car Dealership
Web Write-Up: This Monopitch structures measuring just under 460m² was erected in the heart of Pietermaritzburg in an area which has substantial visibility and caters for those customers within the budget and income streams.
The roof sheeting of choice was the 0.47 IBR Zincal in Thunderstorm Grey. The Monopitch has a 15 degree fall allowing for a steady fall of water which can be harvested and utilized in the washing of vehicles and feeding ablution facilities.
The steel was finished with one coat of grey etch primer as per the clients requirement.
Insulation of choice was alucushion. Alucushion® FR (fire retardant grade) is the cost effective solution for most roof insulation applications, and has the following value added benefits:
- Strong, light and flexible with excellent tear resistance
- Heat stabilized for durability and effective in a temperature range from -20C° to 80°C.
- Non-toxic, inert and vermin proof
- waterproof – no membrane necessary under roof tiles or sheeting
- Aesthetically pleasing finish with good light reflectance
- Acknowledged by the trade as the easiest thermal insulation on the market to install